Monday, December 12, 2011

Wiz Khalifa & Snoop Dogg: Mac & Devin Go To High School

In the history of music most duo cd’s are a epic fail remember Baby & LiL Wayne Like Father Like Son, JayZ & R Kelly Best of Both World 1 & 2, Let’s not forget Kanye & JayZ Watch the Throne all these have been flops in every way possible. Lately through Em & Royce 5’9” bucked that with their cd Bad Meets Evil and Wiz & Snoop tried to keep this going on their cd.  I think when this cd was getting made they must have heard me because I have been saying since Snoop song Drop it like its Hot you need to hear him in spots not over a whole song. That being said brilliant job of featuring Wiz really and sprinkling Snoop around him throughout the cd. I will be the first to say that I thought Wiz was average at best but in this cd he proved me wrong and damn near made me a fan of Taylor Gang.  Not really but it sounds good and makes me ask why was Wiz better on this than his debut cd?  Snoop & Wiz are the like the rap version of Cheek & Chong on this cd no shock 85% of the rap topic is about weed. Songs like You Can Put it in a Zig & I’mma Put it in a Blunt lets you know they go rap about what they know well.  Talent Show is a stand track on the cd that needs to be noticed and get ya pen and paper for Bishop Don Juan gives lessons at the end of the song.  OG Feat Currensy goes hard also and needs to be heard also. The majority of the time you can really let this cd ride and when is the last time you could say that about a cd that had Snoop name on it? Now there are some wack tracks of course French Inhaler is just wrong & so is the lead single Young Wild & Free is on the weak side of the cd also.  I got back and forth on whether or not I like World Class or not. It’s okay at best no heat compared to Smoking Feat Juicy J & I Get Lifted no shock a song about being lifted. I recommend all my smokers to give this a listen and you won’t be disappointed.
Wiz & Snoop are shockingly a good team and I wouldn’t mind seeing more from them in the near future. Now this is a good cd but it does suffer on content and for that I can only give this cd a 4 out of 5 FIRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment