Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Wale: Ambition

At first I didn’t wanna hear this cd due to him signing with Maybach Music Group. Glad to report that I was way off base about this cd. Wale showed that going to Maybach wasn’t a down fall at but a good move. His beats throughout the cd was flawless and fit him and his style of rapping. I don’t think he changed his style at all and keep doing what we are used to from him. Stand out song of course that everybody has heard is Lotus Flower Feat Miguel which was a nice flow up single to Ambition Feat Maybach family for the most part. Those two songs kinda make you think Wale is about the ladies and kinda on some LL Cool J type mindset but that is far from the truth. Once you hear Legendary you see he is still going hard as he can on that track.  No Days Off is another fire cut that will keep you riding along with listening to Chain Music. White Linen with Ne-YO on the hook isn’t bad either to keep the partying going. All this heat on Ambition makes you somewhat ignore the 3 mishaps on the cd. At all cost avoid Sabotage, Miami Nights & Focused Feat Kid Cudi I have no idea what the thought process was on these 3 but I am glad it wasn’t repeated on the other tracks. The pure heat from the rest of the cd you will ignore those 3 tracks and just skip them like I do.
I have to say Wale shut it down with this cd and I hope that is more to come like this one. I would have to rate this cd 5 out of 5 CLASSIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment