Thursday, December 8, 2011

J.Cole: Cole World The Sidelined Story

After the long wait and several mixtapes over the past 2 years or so J Cole finally drops his debut. I gotta get it out the way and say that I am very very very very disappointed with it. He put together a good first effort but if you put it next to his mixtapes this is trash at its finest.  It seems like he did so many mixtapes when it came time to make his cd he didn’t have focus something. The very first single Who Dat had you thinking some heat was coming but that was far from the truth. The standout track on this cd was Dollar & a Dream we all can relate to that.  In the Morning feat Drake was nice a track they didn’t try to outdo each other and stayed in their lane.  I like Can’t Get Enough Feat Trey Songz but I think J Cole got outshined by the guess on this one. That is never a good thing for your lead single at all. Cole World & is another nice track on the cd. Now lets get to the songs to avoid and there are several but I am only go focus on Mr. Nice Watch Feat JayZ this hands down has got to be one of the worst songs I ever heard before. Jay versus was like yesterday’s newspaper trash and his protégé didn’t do any better at all. I am go ask that next time they get on a track together we get a better effort or just stop it period!
All in all J Cole first cd wasn’t a bad debut but compared to his mixtapes he left a lot to desired on this cd. I rate it a 3 out of 5 SOLID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment