Sunday, December 4, 2011

Mary J Blige: My Life II – The Journey Continues

New release from Mary has hit stores called My Life II now let me first say somebody should have stopped Mary from naming the cd that.  Nothing can or will ever touch My Life that is a classic  and My Life II is far from a classic. I will say that MJB has put together a good solid cd and showed yet again that she is still the Queen of hip hop & soul. I don’t see anyone taking that title no time soon.  I will say that I didn’t care for all the features on the cd but at the same time that is what everyone does now.  Lets see where to begin there are a lot of good moments on this cd. Mary has grown with her music and the sad thing about that is her fans aren’t going to fill the happy Mary. People have to realize that she has grown and like she has said before no more drama.  The best track on the cd is 25-8 and that further shows how Mary is in love and happy with her life right now.  Now the song featuring Nas “Feel Inside” is a good song on a old Wu Tang beat.  Sadly in this song Mary does get lost in the song due to Nas spitting fire on 2 verses.  The rest of the guest appearance stay in check and let Mary shine and doesn’t take the spotlight away.  Another song that I have to give props to is “Love A Women” featuring Beyonce they two giants in the game made a great song together. This is much better than what Beyonce did with Alicia Keys a while ago. They did a good job of staying in there lanes of how they sing and didn’t try to outshine each other.  Other songs to listen to: Mr. Wrong feat Drake, Why feat Rick Ross & Don’t Mind. Songs to avoid Midnight Drive ( please tell Mary stop rapping and kill Brook lynn ), Aint Nobody, Need Someone.

My Life II is a good cd with the wrong title Mary has yet again shown growth just sadly her fans havent grown with her. I rate the cd 4 out of 5 Fire CD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment