Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Throwback Review

Master P: Ghetto Dope

First let me say this cd right here was a monster when it came out. This really put No Limit on the map in the 90’s and continued they strong hold on the streets and untouchable music at that time. Now by no means was this a classic cd there was some trash on here.  Ghetto Dope title track was a gimmick song about making that powder sounded like Hammers version of making weight just sad.  Tryin’ 2 Do Something was another gimmick track trying to be commercial or something. Throw ‘Em Up you lose focus on this song just seemed like it went on and on and on could have been left off the cd. Stop Hatin was jus outright horrible nothing else needs to be said on that but I am hating on it.  Songs to listen to are Only Time Will Tell beat was killer hook was a little weak but all in all it worked.  Let’s Get ‘Em is straight up my crew looking for you crew type track before we had Lil’ Jon we had songs like this.   We Riders fall along with this also can’t go wrong with it.  Captain Kirk was a classic track on this cd everybody knows somebody tricking off money to get some ass from a female. Saving hoes that don’t need to be saved is what this song is about.   Eyes on my Enemies I think everybody can relate to this when you on the club or wherever and you see somebody you beefing with. You watch them the whole time to make sure they don’t get you before you get them.  Weed and Money & Make ‘Em Say Ugh are all ok to me they are songs you would skip from time to time not an every time listen. Now the heat you gotta listen to is Bourbons & Lacs because of this song I felt I need something with white walls on it so I could roll hard through the streets. Pass Me Da Green title speaks for itself who didn’t get high to this track when it first came out? Plan B was the blueprint of what it meant to have a main chick and a side chick. Side chicks like on this song are far and few in between.  Lastly you got Miss My Homies this song goes with DRS Gangsta Lean every time I hear this song I think of all my fallen friends and family. It’s a sad song but a fitting song when you lose someone.

All in all this cd was one of the best the year it dropped you can’t tell me it wasn’t because even today you can ride to it. I gotta give this a 4 out of 5 FIRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment