Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Ja Rule Pain is Love 2

So mister “Murda” himself is back in the fold to drop another cd from behind bars this time.  When I first saw Ja was dropping a new cd I didn’t expect much from him at all. His last two cd’s where wacker than Mims damn near.  Now I will Ja his props in his heyday late 90’s early 2000’s he had many club hits that I thank him for that kept females on the dance floor! Let me get off my flashback moment and focus on Pain is Love 2. I don’t know what it is about rap cats and prison but a lot of the time it equals good music. Now I know this cd was done before he was about to go in but maybe knowing he was going he wanted to get out some good work for the fans.  I think hands down this is his best work takes me back to Venni Vetti Vecci before the money, fame and saying “Murda” every 4 words.  The first track (Intro) Fuck Fame feat Leah Siegal is a nice intro to let you know this is a stripped down Ja no bright lights of big name features on the cd. Real Life Fantasy feat Leah Siegal we get the pain part of the cd where Ja spits I miss Black, Charlie, Ashanti, Gotti, Vitda  never thought we never be family. That line right there lets you know once murda inc crashed it hurt him the most the way this track goes. I always say we need more of these songs about the rappers life and not his fantasy. Another good track to check out is To The Top feat Kaleena of Dirty Money this is vintage Ja song from his heyday nice R&B chick on the hook and a nice flow and beat you can ride to.  Now here are some songs to avoid at all cost Black Vodka I dont know if he was talking about the drink or a females I was damn lost he was trying to be too hard and I was like stop please stop lol! Never Had Time feat Jon Doe horrible Ne-Yo wanna be on the hook beat was wack and his rhymes was just as weak as the beat. Clearly he wasn’t paying attention or owed somebody a favor with this track.  Spun a Web feat Amia is a 50/50 song I like it and hate it at the same time. I go back and forth it’s not an every time listen at all.  Now there are 3 gems on this cd that need to he heard first before you listen to anything else Parachute this is something got a rock beat but it works and Ja shows why he was a beast in the game for a while. Next up is Superstar  shows the storytelling skills about  somebody having fame in the game but I think it’s him really talking about himself in some regards. Lastly Drown feat Somong & Kenny Dark is nice track that steps into the auto tune game but Ja holds it down kills a nice baseline nice hook it shines and works together you wanna put this one on repeat at least twice.
Al l in all I will say that if Ja Rule keeps making cd’s like this he will get me as a fan without a doubt. I gotta give this cd a 4 out of 5 FIRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment