Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Melanie Fiona: The MF Life

Today we get Melanie Fiona sophomore cd The MF Life and I think we are getting to know what type of artist Melanie is.  I must say that this cd did surprise me in some good ways and better than what I expected.  Melanie is a mixture of old and new school R&B singer from what I get from this cd. Songs like Bones displays the skills that she learned listening to old school great but sadly not everybody will vibe with this song. My 70’s R&B lovers won’t hit skip like others will.  I Been that Girl is a song that you would have expect Mary to sing but Melanie beat her to it nice song about girlfriend that was lied to and took the guy back.  The two tracks featuring rappers This Time feat J.Cole & Running feat Nas are two good tracks and both rappers respect whose song it is and don’t overshadow Melanie.  It’s time for the songs to avoid Change The Record feat B.O.B. from the moment you hit play this songs is wack and B.O.B. verse wasn’t a bright spot it’s like he didn’t even try.  Watch Me Work is a Melanie meets rock song and it is an EPIC FAILURE ON ALL LEVELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  L.O.V.E. feat John Legend & Can’t Say I Never Loved You is both failures that should have been left on the floor. There are 3 stand out tracks on this first up is Break Down These Walls great song about relationship one member of the group being hurt before and struggling to open up to the other. We all can relate to it 100% I think because we all have been either person before. The lead single 4AM is nice and I thought the stand out track about calling your other half phone getting no answer and all the wrong things run through your head. The remix to it 6AM feat T-Pain is the standout track out of the 3 best track on the cd and this continues to where your other half finally answers the phone. T-Pain sounded like his old self that has been missing in the game and Melanie shows she can do a hip hop fused track with a monster beat.

I will say that Melanie Fiona has almost made me a fan I think this next cd is going to get knocked out the box. This cd is way way way and did I way better than the first one. She isn’t there yet but getting close I give this cd a 3 out of 5 SOLID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment