Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Estelle All of Me

Let me first start this review by saying damn! Who knew Estelle had it in her I am very pleased and shocked by this cd. She has come along way since her first to where the best song was American Boy feat Kanye West. The first track on the cd The Life let you know you were in for a good ride musically. She was blessed with some heavyweights on this cd International (Serious) feat Chris Brown & Trey Songz produced by David Banner is straight heat! Best part about this is she didn’t get outshined and helped her own on this track.  Cold Crush is another banger with a funky little beat to it and nice female perspective about hollering at a crush. Now the biggest issue with this cd but Estelle being from overseas her ear is a little different from ours. So she has some songs that are ok that the beat may turn you off and you listen to it from time to time.  First up on the okay list is Speak Ya Mind, Love the Way We Used to and Wonderful Life all 3 of these songs you will listen to from time to time but not all the time. Before I get to the wack songs let me give Estelle a PSA stop rapping you average at best. Stick to what pays the bills and that’s your voice not your bars! I had to get that off my chest now songs to avoid like the plague at all cost.  Found my Way, Do My Thing & Back to Love are horrible and Back to Love rides that line of ok and trash I just don’t know where it fits in so I listed it with both. Do My Thing was worst out of the three and whoever told her that track was hot needs to be fired. Let’s get to the two gems on the cd Thank You is beautiful track that showed her real R&B skills that are there. The cream of the crop on this cd is Break My Heart feat Rick Ross this is a repeat at least 3 times type track. Just when you think Rozay outshined her she comes back with some beautiful lyrics that anybody in a new relationship can feel.  The hook the beat all work well together and the best part about the song I think is they both hold they own weight to where this could have been a single for either.



I will say this was a good stepping stone for Estelle to build on in her career. Reminders please stay away from rapping and you will go far. At first listen I was ready to give this cd a 4 but after listening again due the bad songs being so bad I will give it a 3 out of 5 SOLID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment