Tuesday, April 17, 2012

SWV I Missed US

Sister With Voices better known as SWV has came out of hiding in the witness relocation program to drop their first cd in over 15 years. Sadly none of the groups they started around anymore either. I gotta give props it’s the original three members of the group no add on or anything like that. I will say this cd was more than I expected considering the time off. Let’s first start with the missteps there was really only two Do Ya feat Brianna Perry & Show Off feat A.X. both these songs suck cause they are party tracks that they get left behind on. It’s like their making an attempt to connect with the 106 crowd and I say SWV leave the kids in the yard and come in doors with grown folk’s music. Co-Sign is the lead single and it was vintage SWV that we grew to love in the 90’s. Great pick to let the world know they were back to claim their throne at the top. Here is where things are kinda of a downer with this cd. To me they more OK songs than anything. Better Than I is a good song but Taj rapping on it EPIC fail and whoever had that idea needs to be fired! All About You, I Missed US, The Best Years are just ok nothing you will listen to all the time.  Songs you need to hear are Use Me a beautiful love song for your ears to hear. Love Unconditionally this that ride or die I’m here until the end love song. The best song on the cd you gotta listen to and put on repeat is Everything I Love like I said back when I reviewed Anthony Hamilton cd this song right here if you don’t feel this way about you other half do you really love them nuff said. Just go to this song hit play and set for repeat.  
I will say again this was a good comeback cd by SWV some missteps but it’s been 15 years that’s go happen. What will say stick with you formula that you are known for Coko up front and everybody else in the background where they belong side note please sign my petition to stop Taj from rapping support it “No MO Taj Rap 2012”! All in all due to majority just being ok I gotta give SWV 2 out of 5 NICE TRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment