Saturday, April 14, 2012

E-40 The Block Brochure - Welcome to the Soil

The king of the bay area E-40 drops cd number 100 feels like to the rap game. To show that he has a lot of songs left in him E-40 dropped 3 cd’s at once. This has never been done before 54 tracks to be heard 18 on each cd.  So I will break this down one cd at a time but give an overall review for the cds as a whole.

Pt 1 by far has to be the worst out of the 18 I barely found 8 songs out of it to listen too.  I will just list that songs to listen to on Pt1. They Point not to be bad you got 40 bragging about what 40 is exactly. Cutlass speaks for itself nothing needs to be said and Slummin that beat makes me miss my beat and it goes hard and 40’s word match made in heaven. On this disc Fast Lane & Help Me need to be heard you can’t go wrong with these two tracks. I give this cd 2 out 5 Nice Try to many wack tracks on here.

Pt2 is the best out of the three I will just touch on what to avoid because I was feeling 13 out of 18 tracks on this one. Hittn a Lick is wack as hell don’t know what the hell 40 was thinking on this one. Lead single Function sounded like a gimmick and was on the cutting room floor and then added at the last minute.  This Shit Hard beat was cold Blooded (yeah I said that) but everything else was weak.  On this cd the standout tracks first up are I’m Laced verbal is amazing on this one 40 reminding you how he shut the game down at one time. Zombie feat Tech N9ne & Brotha Lynch Hung is heat you get vintage Loaded Lynch & Tech keeps killing it alone with 40. I was out done that 40 went to the rap burial ground and found Celly Cell for the track The Other Day Ago and it was classic Celly Cell and 40 had to put this on repeat been a while since we heard both them on a track together. A song that shocked me we Tryna Get It feat T-Pain & Twista at first glance I just knew T-Pain would be out of place but he fit in there nice and it was good hearing Twista & 40 trade verses.  This I say again was the best out of the 3 cds and I give it a 4 out of 5 FIRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pt3 wasn’t too bad out of the trilogy but not as good as the 2nd disc.  Let’s get into it miss ignore block track Gargoyle Serenade & Wasted I have no idea what the thought process was on this song at all. Sidewalk Memorial, Pussy Loud & Its Curtains avoid at all cost. I did find about 10 out of the 18 that was decent on this cd that you should give a listen too. Jealous, Get Loose are more reason the game still needs 40 and his skills. I Aint Doing Nothin feat B-Legit made me wanna put in Hempin Aint East of B-Legit good song made me say when the next Click cd is.  The gems on this cd are What You Smokin On feat Snoop & Tha Dogg Pound everybody road the beat nicely and just kilt it for the west coast. Salute feat Raheem DeVaughn isn’t to be slept on either a must listen too. The stand out on this cd is 40 & Hiero feat Hierographics just put this song on repeat is all I need to say! What Happened to Them Days is another good one and makes you wonder what happen to the world during your childhood.  This is a another good cd on 40 part I gotta give this one 3 out of 5 SOLID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment