Monday, January 2, 2012

T.I. F*ck Da City Up mixtape

The King of the South finally drops a mixtape since being out of lock up. While bringing in the New Year I made sure I was there for the midnight release of this mixtape.  Out the gate the beats on this cd are a crazy best collections of beats on one cd in awhile and sadly that being said the beats clearly outshine everything about this cd. Yes even the King of the South takes a backseat to the beats on this cd.  The title track F*ck Da City Up feat Young Jeezy was a nice ATL is back type track between  the two but it was missing Ludacris to really set it off I felt.  Loud Mouth feat 2Chainz (Titty Boi still refuse to say 2Chainz) was a surprisingly good song and Titty Boi finally spit something decent in a song. Of course though T.I. carved him up like a Thanksgiving turkey but if he didn’t that would have been horrible! Some other tracks to listen to on this mixtape are Who What When feat Meek Mill like I have said before on Fabo mixtape Meek is killing it and holding his own with heavyweights in the game. Let me take a moment and say this Rozay & Maybach music put his cd out while he spitting heat before he dries up and has no more good material! Give a listen to The One, I’ll Show You feat Pusha T on this one Pusha held his own considering he got way less time that T.I. on the song.  They both spit some good heat on this one.  Of course with good comes the bad avoid skip do whatever to not listen to these tracks Harry Potter (D.O.P.E.), In a Nut Shell feat Lady G & Spodee, Pimp feat Pimp C & Too Short not a shock Pimp C reminds why he was the weaker member of UGK & no knock on Too Short but his Cocktails flow has expired along time ago, This Time Of Night Feat Nelly nicest way I can is that this was a train wreck and leave it at that.  There was really one standout on this mixtape Piss’N On Your Ego feat B.O.B.  on this track Bobby Ray showing that his mixtape E.P.I.C. wasn’t misleading and the skills you heard were real on that mixtape. That being said Bobby Ray did steal the show on this track from T.I. even though this was his best verse’s throughout the whole mixtape.
If this is the best the The King of the South can do then I will start calling him The Prince of the South because he is going in the wrong direction skill wise!  I can only give this mixtape a 3 out of 5 SOLID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment